Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pastor Emily Joye Reynolds April 2015 Congregationalist

I've decided to use my Congregationalist space to address religious freedom. But not with my own words because there's no need to reinvent the wheel when folks smarter than me have already written profoundly on this. Our culture is saturated in realities and conversations having to do with Religious Freedom because of what's been happening in Indiana. A few years ago a whip-smart colleague of mine in the United Church of Christ drafted an article about Religious Freedom that deserves some attention now. Her name is Rev. Emily Heath. She's a theologian and pastor for our times. Here's her concise way of discerning religious liberty. I hope you find this helpful in discerning, faithfully, how to respond, as Christians, to realities and conversations about religious freedom in 2015. Peace, Rev. EJ. 



No comments:

Post a Comment